uae traffic، New conditions for obtaining driver's licenses for expatriates in the Uae.
The UAE Traffic Department has revealed the new conditions for obtaining a driver's license, where you must go to an accredited driving school in Dubai to get the training required to pass the driving test, and if you are between the ages of 18 and 21, you will receive a temporary driver's license.
A copy of the residence, original passport + copy, no objection letter from the sponsor, 8 photographs, and the required fees range from AED 1500 and above depending on the number of quotas you will need.
For new residents in the UAE, rules, regulations and fees for obtaining a driver's license can become complex, as are the different scenarios that expats usually face and what their respective procedures are:
No valid license:
If you are a beginner, you will need to enroll in a driving institute or school in Dubai and attend at least 40 classes. You can then try taking a driving test at school and a final RTA test.
The total cost of obtaining a driver's license is approximately AED 500 (including all classes and tests).
- Emirates ID card (photo copy).
- Passport (copy of personal details and relevant visa page).
- Passport-sized photos (8 or more).
- A certificate of no objection from the sponsor - depends on personal cases, so call in advance and make sure.
- Eye test results for the preferred category (can be arranged by preferred driving school).
- For holders of a valid driver's license, it is the country from which the license was issued and your nationality determines the transfer of the license to the UAE license.