Amendments to new conditions in obtaining a driver’s license for foreign workers
The UAE Ministry of Interior announced the amendment of some conditions to help expatriates obtain a driver’s license within the UAE. If you want someone to obtain a driver’s license in the UAE, all you have to do is.
Enroll in one of the accredited driving schools to pass the driving tests first.
The applicant's age must be between 18 to 21 years old, and no less than that, and that he must have all the conditions necessary to obtain a driver’s license, and that he possesses all the documents owed to that.
1) A true copy of the employee's Emirates ID card.
2) The passport of the expatriate and a true copy of it, and it should be completely clear.
3) Two clear copies of the entry visa page from the passport.
4) The number of 8 personal photos, measuring (4 * 6), of the same size as the passport photos.
5) A recent certificate from the sponsor, proving that he is not reluctant to obtain a driving license for the expatriate.
6) A certificate from one of the accredited schools in the UAE, proving that you have passed the driving tests.
Expatriates who have a driver’s license from their country must submit their license to determine the transfer of the license to the United Arab Emirates.
As for obtaining the license for the first time, you will need to register at a driving institute or school in Dubai and attend at least 40 lessons.
You can then pass final driving tests at the RTA.
In financial terms, the total cost of obtaining a driver’s license is approximately 500 dirhams, which includes all classes and tests.